5 Breathing Techniques
Breathing plays a huge role in our state and can be used to our benefit to help us relax or energize when we need to. In this video, we look at 5 breathing techniques to help benefit you in your life… Breathing Exercises That Help – Breathing Techniques For Anxiety And Health…
1. Kapalabhati – Breathe in and take your time to slowly inhale, followed by quick and powerful exhaling, generated from the lower belly – Once you feel comfortable with the technique, feel free to increase the pace to one inhale-exhale every one to two seconds, for a total of 10 breaths – Inhale and exhale through the nose and not through the mouth – This technique will energize your body and help to give your abdomen a great workout. 5 breathing techniques to help benefit you in your life
2. Nadi Shodhana – This method of breathing is said to bring calmness, balance, and unity to the right and left sides of the brain – Starting in a comfortable meditative pose, hold your right thumb over the right nostril and inhale deeply through the left nostril – At the peak of inhalation, close off the left nostril with your ring finger, then exhale through the right nostril – Continue this pattern, inhaling through the right nostril, closing it off with the right thumb, and exhaling through the left nostril. 5 breathing techniques to help benefit you in your life
3. Sama Vritti – Inhale through the nose for a count of four, then exhale, again through the nose, for a count of four – Once comfortable, you can aim to extend to count to six or even eight per breath with the same goal in mind – This is to calm your nervous system, increase focus and reduce stress – You can do this at any time and anywhere, but can be particularly effective before bed to help you relax for a great night’s sleep.
4. Abdominal Breathing Technique – Place one hand on the chest and the other on your belly and take a deep breath in through the nose – Ensure the diaphragm inflates with enough air to create a stretch in your lungs – Do this 6 to 10 times per minute, each time taking deep, slow breaths, taking your time to exercise the lungs – Try this for 10 minutes a day to experience reductions to heart rate and blood pressure, which if maintained over a longer period time could benefit your long term health 5 breathing techniques to help benefit you in your life
5. Progressive Relaxation – This technique is designed to help you relax and to feel calm and at ease – Close your eyes and focus on tensing and relaxing each muscle group for two to three seconds each – Start with the feet and toes, then move up to the knees, thighs, glutes, chest, arms, hands, neck, jaw and eyes—all while maintaining deep, slow breaths – Try to breathe in through the nose, hold for a count of five while the muscles tense, then breathe out through the mouth on release as you relax Thanks for watching 5 breathing techniques to help benefit you in your life, please Like, Share and Subscribe. Don’t forget to hit the bell icon to ensure YouTube notifies you of the latest uploads…